While Holding Esther is aimed primarily at caregivers, Jabota Bridge is for the orphans themselves.
The new drama, now in the post-production phase, features the character Naomi and the children living in the safe house across Jabota Bridge as they work together through life’s adventures and struggles.
We are starting with eight pilot episodes which will be field tested in early 2019. If these prove to be as impactful as we believe they will be, we intend to produce more than 150 episodes of Jabota Bridge for the children to listen to on radio, the internet or solar-powered MP3 players. The young listeners will be able to identify with the characters in the drama, many of whom share the same traumatic backgrounds experienced by the listeners, and begin their own journey of healing and ultimately placing their hope in Christ.
Although kids can listen to the dramas on their own, the program will have the most impact when caring adults join the childre to discuss the content and how to apply it. A discussion page will be available for each episode to help guide the interaction.
Jabota Bridge Production Team
- Kathy Buchanan and Marshal Younger are our writers and directors. Between the two of them, they have written more than 150 episodes of the widely acclaimed Focus on the Family production, Adventures in Odyssey.
- Todd Busteed is our producer and sound engineer. Todd has worked on 115 Adventures in Odyssey episodes, and worked on Family Radio Theatre series including Chronicles of Narnia, Silas Marner, and Father Brown.
- Scott Hollinger is our international audio consultant. Scott has served with TWR since 1982 when went to Guam as a short-term missionary and now serves in the Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships department where he helps ministries develop new media content.
- Phyllis Kilbourne and Amy Wilson are our content review consultants. Phyllis is the founder of Crisis Care Training International and Amy serves as a trainer for CCTI providing participants with training in trauma and crisis care, ministry to street children, care for orphans and vulnerable children, and working with children in situations of armed conflict.
Your Role in Jabota Bridge
Would you join us in the following ways?
- Pray – Join our Prayer Team and receive monthly prayer requests. Email Amy Newton at email@example.com to be added to the Prayer Team.
- Give – Every financial contribution will help us complete production and get Jabota Bridge to the children who need it most.